How Entering A Swimsuit Competition Got Me Out Of My Comfort Zone
Have you ever felt you are doing the same thing, over and over again? You’re not along, some people get into a routine and fall into a lull. Just like relationships that need to spice it up, you should do something at least once a month out of the ordinary. I recently joined the 1099 club, and have never been more proud. I love what I do, but had to mix it up and do something fun and out of the ordinary. Forbes contributor, Dan Schawbel, posted an article that in order to be successful you must make time for fun. You can read more about it here.
From a small town in Colorado, where conservatism is key, doing something like a swimsuit contest would be highly frowned upon. For whatever reason, I decided to break the common path, and do something out of the ordinary. In the latter part of my 20’s, I competed in a swimsuit contest and had a BLAST! Strutting around in questionable shoes and tiny pieces of clothing gave me a rush. From the event, I have decided to do more competitions and to start lifting with a routine at the gym.
I firmly believe that your body is a temple, no doubt. So if you are moree a proud of your body, don’t be shy to show what you’ve got. If you take good care of your body, you will live a long and healthy life, ceteris paribus. Competitions like these are to showcase the feminine side of our society. America is already walking the line when it comes to health, so I would encourage people to sign up with a club or join a completion in order to have something to look forward to when you workout, meal prep or participate in health challenges.
Inspired by the Comfort Zone Crusher Challenge, I challenge all my readers to do something out of the ordinary. It doesn’t have to be a swimsuit competition, but it should be something you normally don’t do that gives you a rush, excites you, and builds your confidence. If it deals with fitness and health competitions, all the better! As long as you don’t hurt anyone, then go for it. You’d be surprised at how good you’ll feel after trying something out of the ordinary. Here is a quick list you can start from, based on Daniel Branche’s top 10:
1. Travel to places you have always dreamed of going as well as famous places and sites all across the world like the Grand Canyon, Great Wall of China, and national parks in Africa for safari among others to get new experiences.
2. Engage in extreme sports like mountaineering, skydiving, rock climbing, white water rafting and bungee jumping among others for the thrill and adventure.
3. Find a place with relatively free of unnatural light and marvel at the beauty of the night sky all night long especially the stars.
4. Join a gym and enroll for a program that will help you keep fit and remain healthy.
5. Enroll for a yoga class to improve your mental as well as physical strength and help you to be more relaxed and calm.
6. Find an enriching and beautiful place to meditate occasionally and think about your life to help you set goals that can help you improve your life and relations with others.
7. Get a full body massage and treatment in a spa to remove all the tension from your body and for relaxation.
8. Have sexual intimacy with someone you truly care about regularly to help you improve emotionally, mentally and physically.
9. Renovate your house by occasionally painting different fun and bright colors and install more windows to let in more sunlight ensuring maximum lighting.
10. Visit close family and friends all around the world and spend some time together to help create strong bonds and interactions.
Here’s a quick photo of the completion. And as you can see I was definitely having fun! Try something new today, and bring some excitement to your life. You are worth it to enjoy the life you live.
Stay focused on your goals <3